Tell us who you are
Planet BOFA's bespoke online teaching system accelerates learning to give London 11+ Consortium, 11-plus, Pre-Test and KS2 pupils THE edge
Proud to be different, Planet BOFA tests, teaches, retests and tracks student progress; personalising the process with formative learning that fast-tracks success.
A UNIQUE ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
BOFA is a unique online learning platform, where every question comes as a triplet. The initial test is followed by bespoke teaching and practice, then a unique retest, which creates detailed subject reports to identify learning needs for both individuals and groups.
BOFA uses a unique 3 stage process
In a pupil's Initial Test, pupils answer questions designed to test their current knowledge across a selection of topics. This is instantly marked, informing both you, the pupil and, if you wish, the parent by email.
The pupil then moves on to the practice & explanation stage, only being shown their wrong answers with bespoke explanation and teaching. This is followed by a similar practice question which also comes with explanations and teaching if necessary.
After about a week, so that the pupil is not just testing their short-term memory, pupils move on to the Retest, which contains the final question in the triplet. The errors at this stage are placed into the pupil reports.
Detailed reports and exportable subject information
BOFA then emails the tutor and parents, detailing how much progress the pupil has made from initial test to retest. The Report is then generated on the individual pupil's tests page. This report includes the questions that they answered incorrectly during the retest, with corresponding answers and explanations sorted by topic. Tutors and centre managers can export subject report spreadsheets to compare learning needs across cohort.
Mock 11+ Consortium Test structure
The BOFA 11+ Consortium tests have been specifically requested by some of our Prep schools to try and replicate the experience of the London 11+ Consortium Test including; style, content and functionality. The actual exam is on paper, but teachers wanted the tests marked and with 3 stage learning process. There are 15 BOFA 11+ London Consortium mock tests available, the minimum purchase is 3 as we believe a single mock will possibly do more harm than good for the pupil.
Personalised and efficient learning
Filter the teaching that takes place to be more personalised and efficient by using BOFA as a net to identify topics that pupils are already confident in. BOFA will show you exactly where learning needs are not being met. Many tutoring centres group pupils after they have used BOFA, in order to focus on different topics based on the areas BOFA has flagged as needing further work.
Due to the nature of BOFA, an entire tuition class does not need to be present to complete an exercise, as pupils can easily catch up on missed work, as the tests can be done at any time.
BOFA saves time with an incredible eye for detail
Planet BOFA saves time by only teaching topics that pupils need to learn; pupils enjoy the independent learning with regular praise. Tutors benefit from time saved marking and preparing for tuition sessions, and can use their valuable time to work on only the topics that really need extra work.
This is what makes BOFA so special, the attention to detail that allows us to nurture the potential in every child.
Someday, everyone will learn the BOFA way!
Curriculum and Syllabus
The BOFA Pre-Tests try to cover the curriculum and syllabus specified by the ISEB as closely as possible. We update the content after receiving and checking the accuracy of any updates available in order to supply the best resource BOFA can supply to your pupils.
Tutor centres receive outstanding discounts too. Just register to check out your subscription cost on our Shop page.
SOAR TO SUCCESS!
The unique benefits of using Planet BOFA
- Access to an unbeatable personalised learning tool that will propel your child to London 11+ Consortium success (created by million-plus selling Bond Assessment author Andrew Baines).
- Planet BOFA is as unique as every child. No test question will ever be repeated during a pupil’s education with us.
- You'll be in good company. 4 million Planet BOFA tests have been done and counting...
- Faster results. Marking and feedback is instant. We quickly identify where children need the most help, and then zoom-in on their potential. Planet BOFA doesn't waste time teaching topics they already know.
- See happy, motivated pupils who are keen to learn. Confidence and scores sky-rocket as children feel independent managing their work, yet supported by our personalised approach. Customising the colours and text is helps too.
- Flexible, inclusive teaching that fits around family life. No one gets stuck learning with Planet BOFA. Explanations are easy to digest. The tests can be paused to help manage pupil study time. And each answer will be marked and tracked whether it’s within the time limit or not. A child is guided through weaker areas until they’re ready to move on.
- High-flyers are stretched and pupils with greater learning needs are encouraged to nurture their academic potential.
- Feedback is at your fingertips. Emails with key information arrive at the end of each test stage, so you're always up to speed on progress. When one learning cycle is complete (after the 'retest'), you'll receive a summary email report with links to the full reports. These show the questions the pupil didn’t get right, with answers and explanations; organised into topics to help teachers and tutor focus future learning.
- Hassle-free account management. We are constantly adding in new functionality to help all users access information as easily as possible. We always welcome suggestions to help us improve BOFA.